Monday, April 7, 2014

Comfortable in Calgary

In It's a funny sort of nervousness when you  are expecting to be picked up for something by a person that you have never met before. That was me this morning waiting to be picked up for church. 

Yesterday I took the bus from Banff to Calgary, a 1 1/2 hour ride and tomorrow I'll be doing the same ride in reverse. I did this so that I could spend Sunday at church and with others in a 'Sunday like' manner. I was picked up this morning by a family from the Calgary church and spent the day with them and some of their friends. Earlier, I had contacted someone from the canrc of Calgary via their website and they had organised a ride for me, so I really didn't know what to expect. Fortunately I had a wonderful day.



In Calgary the sun is beginning to shine again after their long cold winter and there is a lot of snow beginning to turn into mush. Still it's a nice city and I'm staying in a cute little B&B called 11th St Lodging, near the main downtown strip. 

It's weird but nice having your own room and everything being cleaned up while you're out for the day.... Much different than the hostels I've been staying in :-) 

Tomorrow the plan is to clean up and catch the bus back to Banff. I stay there one more night before heading higher up in the mountains to Jasper. It should be good.

xxx Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment